You can use Google Hangouts to virtually meet people in different locations. Hangouts support both audio and video feed between multiple users.
Setting up a Google Hangout
The easiest way to set up a Google Hangout for your meeting is through your Google Calendar.
- Open your Google Calendar and click on the day you’d like to arrange your Google Hangout.
- A small dialog box will open asking for your event details. Click the ‘More Options’ button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- Fill in your meeting details
- Provide a meeting title, time and description.
- Add guests who will be attending. You will have the option to notify them automatically via email.
- Use the ‘Add Conferencing’ option to create a Google Hangout link. Select ‘Google Hangouts.’
- This will automatically create a Google Meeting ID. This is a website url where the Google Hangout will take place.
- Share this Google Meeting ID with anyone who is attending the meeting. This provides a shared online space for everyone to meet at the specified time.
Joining a Google Hangout
If you’ve been invited to a Google Hangout, you should have received a Google Hangout Meeting ID. This is a url address where the meeting is taking place. Simply enter this url address into your browser or click on the link and you’ll arrive at the Google Hangout.
If you have any trouble using the guide above, simply drop a message to our IT team.