Atmospheric science training courses
We believe that developing the next generation of atmospheric scientists is the best way to ensure that excellent atmospheric science can happen in the future. Build your place within the atmospheric science community by developing skills and knowledge with our training courses. We can help you to reach your goal.
Our introductory courses are tailored towards students who are just starting out in atmospheric science or who would value the opportunity to broaden background skills and knowledge.
Our practical courses are essential for those involved in fieldwork or laboratory based science, and will benefit anyone who works with observational data. These courses will provide a strong background in the skills needed to design and carry out experiments, and collect valuable data.
Our modelling courses provide skills for students and scientists who want to get the most out of atmospheric computer models. We have specialist courses that look at specific models in detail, taught by researchers who use and develop the code as part of their everyday work.
If you have any enquiries about our training courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 2023-2024 programme: APPLY NOW
- Introduction to UKCA, Online, 29 January-February 2 2023, APPLY NOW
- Introduction to Atmospheric Science, Fairbairn House, University of Leeds, 19-23 February 2024, APPLY NOW
- Atmospheric Measurement & Modelling Summer School, Blencathra Field Studies Council Centre, Cumbria, 12-24 May 2024, APPLY NOW
- Introduction to Atmospheric Radar, Chilbolton Observatory, 10-14 June 2023, APPLY NOW
- MPAS Tutorials, location to be decided, Autumn 2024, applications open Summer 2024
Identified a training need or skills gap?
We want the NCAS training programme to support the development of the atmospheric science community, if you have identified a skills gap or training need that we might have the expertise to help with then please share your ideas with us.